Academy of European Law Annual Conference on EU Trade and Investment Law 2018
8 November 2018 | Brussels, Belgium
The aim of this annual conference is to provide legal practitioners with an update on the current challenges facing the European Union with some of its key trading partners. It will give participants the opportunity to exchange with high-level experts and acquire a better understanding of topical issues in international trade and investment law. Relevant recent developments in EU and WTO case law will also be tackled.
Key topics include:
- WTO and EU trade policy;;
- The current trade war: can anybody win it?;
- EU anti-dumping law reform: practical experiences with the new methodology and 2018 reform;;
- EU reforms and WTO dispute settlement – where do we stand?;
- The future of bilateral trade agreements: CETA, EUSingapore, EU-Japan FTAs and beyond – Brexit and trade policy: trade relations between the EU27 and the UK after 29 March 2019.