The Future Is Now: Legal Services
Tuesday, April 27 – Thursday, April 29, 2021, from 12 – 2 p.m. CDT
The fourth annual The Future Is Now conference will bring together lawyers, judges, legal academics, entrepreneurs, and other professionals from across the U.S. and internationally. The conference will explore the interplay between the changing legal profession and attorney professionalism in three areas: future law; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and well-being.
The three-day virtual conference will feature talks from legal industry experts and interactive townhall sessions that will provide attorneys with a roadmap for success in the changing legal profession.
Each day will explore a specific area of attorney professionalism: future law, attorney well-being, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). A breakdown of the speaker lineup and talk titles for each day follows.
THE FUTURE OF LAWYERING – APRIL 27, 12 – 2 P.M. CDT
• Hon. Anne M. Burke, Illinois Supreme Court Chief Justice
• Jordan Furlong, Principal, Law21 – Reinventing Professional Development for Lawyers of the Future
• Caren Naidoff and Alan Press, Partners, Shire Law Group – 2021 Vision: Power Up with Technology
• Kim Bennett, Founder, K Bennett Law LLC – Amplify the Value of Your Practice for Today’s Legal Consumer
THE FUTURE OF ATTORNEY WELL-BEING – APRIL 28, 12 – 2 P.M. CDT
• Hon. Mary Jane Theis, Illinois Supreme Court Justice
• Brian Cuban, attorney and addiction recovery advocate – The Addicted Lawyer: Where We Are, Where We Are Headed
• Dr. Diana Uchiyama, Executive Director, Illinois LAP – The Art of Healthy Lawyering
• Tracy Kepler, Risk Control Consulting Director, CNA’s Lawyers Insurance Program – Band-Aids, Baby Steps, or Big Leaps? A Well-Being Culture Shift in Law
THE FUTURE OF DEI IN THE LEGAL PROFESSION – APRIL 29, 12 – 2 P.M. CDT
• Deanie Brown, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Illinois Courts
• Ellie Krug, Founder and President, Human Inspiration Works, LLC – Allyship for Lawyers in an Awakened America
• Rick Palmore, Senior Counsel, Dentons – The Best Talent: A Diversity & Competitive Imperative in 2021 & Beyond
• Hon. Ann Claire Williams (Ret.), Of Counsel, Jones Day – Building a Pipeline: A Focus from the Beginning