Host: Academy of European Law
6 December 2018 – 7 December 2018
In 2017 the UK started to negotiate on leaving the EU. It is not yet clear when the negotiations will be finished but it is clear that the UK will leave the EU on 29 March 2019 at the latest, with or without a deal. At the time the conference takes place, the negotiations are scheduled to be over and the Member States should be in the process of ratifying the withdrawal agreement, if there is one. It may also be the case that the UK and the EU do not reach an agreement. This conference aims to provide participants with insights into the state of play three months before Brexit with or without a deal.
– Outcome of the negotiations and next steps for ratification in case of a withdrawal agreement Interim rules for a transitional regime?
– Future of the Irish border Status of EU citizens in the UK and vice versa;
– To trade or not to trade: cherry-picking or Single Market ideologies?
– Role of the CJEU and the UK courts (and their inter-relationship);
– External and internal security.