The Legal Services Board (England and Wales) has launched a consultation paper seeking input and comment on their proposed three-year strategy (2018 – 2021) and business plan for 2018/19. Some of the key themes and questions they address include: the impact of technology; consumer engagement with and experience of legal services; the impact of changing population demographics (growing and ageing population); how to remedy the lack of competition in the legal services market and the increasing and changing demands on regulators and the profession.
In the attached consultation the LSB outlines their priorities and plans and asks other legal regulators and representative bodies to:
- Highlight any additional significant market trends or drivers for change that the LSB should also take into account
- Comment on the LSB’s strategic objectives
- Comment on their equality objectives
- Comment on their proposed approach to market intelligence within the strategy
- Identify any elements of the strategy or business plan that present an opportunity for more detailed dialogue and/or joint working between your organisation and the LSB.
The consultation is open until 19 February 2018.