The Scottish Parliament’s Criminal Justice Committee report into the criminal justice sector has highlighted the severe issues within the sector and confirmed the need to urgent change to avoid any potential disasters.
The committee held a series of roundtables aimed at uncovering the short and long term steps that need to be taken to mitigate any sector issues and tackle any up-coming problems.
This report contains separate chapters on the following issues:
- The impact of COVID-19 on the justice sector
- Prisons and prison policy
- Misuse of drugs and the criminal justice system
- Victims’ rights and victim support
- Violence against women and girls
- Reducing youth offending, offering community justice solutions and alternatives to custody
- Legal aid